Saturday, October 9, 2010

Capr-Easy Bruschetta

The other day I was in the new Fresh and Easy that just opened near our house and spotted this amazing ciabatta bread and mozzarella cheese. I was inspired to make something delicious for dinner and decided on a combination caprese salad/bruschetta. Yum!

How I make it:
Slice a tomato and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and basil (fresh if you have it, which I didn't this time). Slice and toast the bread, then drizzle with a little more olive oil. Stack one piece mozzarella, tomatoes and a slice of avocado.

To accompany our decadent creation we had spicy mango sausage, mushroom risotto (not gonna lie, it was from a box) and green beans!

 

I think I've found a new house favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I wish Jerritt ate avocado - but maybe able to think of an alternative...he will eat just tomato motzarella salad, so it's a start! :)

    ReplyDelete