Saturday, September 4, 2010

E-Designs

So, I have my first real project and I couldn't be more excited!  I have a wonderful, talented friend who is also a photographer and she and I have decided to collaborate to turn her home into a studio for her boudoir photography venture!  

This is a project that we will work on over the next couple of months, however to get our creative juices flowing and give us a starting place for inspiration, I created two mood boards for her.  

Check them out:

The first board has more of a monochromatic, black and white theme with simple, yet bold pops of color.  The furniture is all very feminine and sexy and I incorporated soft elements such as a fur rug, ruffled drapes and feathers to create a sense of whimsy.


The second board is a little bit more romantic and not quite as sexy as the black and white board.  I used the contrast of the light teal with the vibrant red to give the overall feeling a little bit of an edge that you would expect to see in a boudoir.
 
As I mentioned, I won't have the full project ready to share for a few months, but I will make updates as we go.  I am thrilled to be designing again and can't wait to see the outcome of this space!  

Happy Designing!


No comments:

Post a Comment