Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY: Vanity Chair Makeover

I found this little chair a few months ago when our neighborhood was having a clean-up. People put items that they no longer wanted out on the curb for the city to pick up. Well, the deal-finder in me couldn't resist but take home a couple of interesting items including this adorable little vanity chair. Okay, so it didn't look so adorable when I found it, but it had great bones and I could see a lot of potential in it.

So, I stripped it down, primed and painted it a bright white and reupholstered the seat in a beautiful, blue designer fabric. 

I think it turned out totally adorable. I wish I had a sweet little vanity spot in my house so that I could keep it, but my little 1950's bungalow doesn't allow for too many extras. So, I sold it at our yard sale this weekend for $15 and made a couple of bucks.

Not too bad for a curb find!


No comments:

Post a Comment