Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trashy Table to Chic Cupcake Tower

One thing I was really excited about was incorporating unique furniture items into our wedding decor. I got my heart set on having a tray table as a stand for our cupcakes. I wasn't thrilled with the cupcake stands that you could rent from the bakers, so I began to hunt!

I found several beautiful, shabby chic tray tables that would have been perfect for what I had in mind, but trying to keep within a tight budget, I really couldn't afford to buy one already finished.

So, just as I was starting to feel a little defeated, we came across this dirty, little lamp table in a local thrift store called Pat's Corner. Kevin must've thought I was crazy when I declared how perfect it was!

Before

For $25, $10 for the table, plus another $15 for them to remove the lamp, plug the hole and paint it, we had an adorably-chic little tray table hold our cupcakes. It was totally perfect!

After
Look how sweet it looked up on top of our dessert bar all covered in minis!

*photo by Emily Faulknor Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment