Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wedding Decor & Other Updates

Well, I am finally moving into my favorite part of wedding planning; the decor! We have been so busy for the last two months. On top of planning our wedding, which we have made really great progress, I was sick for over three weeks, my little sister got married, we had our engagement photos taken and Kevin went to NYC for four days for business! Yep, life around our house is a little crazy these days, but we like it! (all but the sick part that is!)

We've booked the venue, caterer, bar tender, photographers, ordered my dress, found a dj and officiant that we like a lot and are now working on the layout, decor and all of the million other details that come with planning such a major event.

I'm going for glamorous-chic with a touch of vintage inspiration. I think the venue, being an old Spanish actor's ranch and all, lends itself well to this sort of look and feel. For the tables and flowers, I've started collecting tons of mix-match glass and vases in clear, white, green and blue. Since the site itself has so many colorful flowers in the landscaping, I plan to keep the flowers fresh and light using mostly whites.

I've been hitting up local thrift stores, flea markets and my favorite home stores such as Ross and Home Goods grabbing up all of these amazing pieces at amazing deals!

Some of my favorite inspiration photos for the table arrangements include a variety of sizes, shapes and colors for the centerpieces and other displays.

 
I really love the look of having a variety of shapes, colors and sizes on the tables. I think it feels more thoughtful than some of the standard centerpieces that you see at most weddings.

I hope to get back to some level of normalcy with my daily life and my blog over the next couple of months leading up to the wedding. I guess only time will tell though!

No comments:

Post a Comment