Sunday, August 29, 2010

Delicious Designs

Even though we are only renting our new house, I still find myself daydreaming about what our yard could be!  I recently came across this article from Sunset Magazine featuring some awe inspiring patios.  

I love the designer look of this patio.  The use of minimal plants, accented with warm, vibrant colors and textures makes the space feel luxurious and inviting.

The monochromatic use of plants in this quaint little space is really well executed and the various shades and tones of green and blue keep your eye bouncing around the yard.
The simplicity of this drought tolerant garden reminds me of home in northern CA.  It looks like a lovely place to relax with a glass of wine and a good friend.
Does this one really need an explanation?  I think not.  Love the letters!
Talk about a true extension of the home.  I would love to be invited to a party here.
The contrast of smooth and soft in this patio makes me want to play hopscotch!  I love the puzzle-like effect this look creates and it's a great way to reduce water usage.
This patio feels like San Diego.  The sailcloth brings movement to the space and colors are so classically desert.
See more beautiful patios here.

No comments:

Post a Comment